DCU Realty's Comprehensive and Personalized Marketing Plan
Your house is for sale and is priced competitively. You're advertising in all the right places on the internet and in the local arena. You receive a response with an offer to purchase your home from a qualified, prospective buyer. But the offer contains good news and bad news.
The Good News: You receive an offer to purchase your home from a qualified buyer.
The Bad News: It's below your asking price.
The way you handle this negotiation will determine whether your home sells or whether it'll be back on the market. It determines whether you'll receive a fair market value for your home within a reasonable time or whether the your marketing plan will be extended in hopes you'll find another prospective, qualified buyer who, this time, will purchase your home at your offering price.
However, negotiating the home purchase is often part of the home buying process and is normal. In many cases, offers and counter offers are exchanged between sellers and prospective buyers several times before an equitable price and terms acceptable to both parties is reached. This can be a daunting task to someone not experienced in the methods of real estate.
But not for clients of DCU Realty.
At DCU Realty, we plan for negotiations to take place, so we price your home accordingly. Our agents are experienced in the negotiation process, some even certified in it. We negotiate for the best house price. We know the profit margin you need to make along with your timetable.
Here are some principles of negotiation we use:
- Negotiation is not something to fear, but to embrace. It means in most cases the buyer is interested in the purchase of your property.
- A lower offer, when submitted through a buyer agent, indicates the interested party is taking positive steps for the purchase of your home by making the offer, even if it is not initially what you desire. Both the buyer agent, and your agent want the transaction to proceed to completion. The more offers and counter offers that are made, the closer the two sides are to a successful home sale in many cases.
- We negotiate for a WIN-WIN situation. You make the profit you need in a timely fashion. The buyer also gets a great home at a price they can afford and to terms they agree with. This makes everybody happy.
- As DCU Agents, we have a great understanding of the local market. We know what homes sell for and with what amenities. We know when offers are legitimate, or are unreasonable. We advise you accordingly.
- We often figure negotiations into the selling price. We know what the selling price is for your home along with your timetable. We figure how much we can vary the selling price based upon the market and your timetable.
- We often have other means to make counter offers than price change. Our expertise in negotiation skills provides us with many alternatives in order to make the sale happen.
Follow the link below to our agent page. View several agents who work in your area. Read our bios and testimonies. Notice also the sampling of homes we have sold. As we've helped many other home owners market their home, we can help you.
Let us show you the DCU Advantage!